Create a mug reminiscent of drinking ale in an old Irish pub. The bisque mug offers texture of a wooden design and you just add the color details. Cheers!
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe cup with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush three coats Burnished Bronze on metal straps around cup. NOTE: On third coat DO NOT paint all the way down to the edge of strap. Paint will tend to drip during firing. Let dry.
- Place mug on kiln shelf and fire to cone 04.
- Brush two coats of Dark Briarwood inside cup, handle and base.
- Using slightly damp sponge, wipe across the textured lines over the mug to antique. Let dry.
- Brush two coats Bright Ginger over mug and handle painting around the metal straps. Let dry.
- Lightly drybrush over the Bright Ginger with Dark Ginger in a random manner around mug.
- Repeat brushing lightly with Dark Briarwood. If desired, paint small knot holes. Let dry.
- Stilt mug and fire to cone 06.