A No. 2 pencil may be standard fare for back to school supplies, but “standard” certainly does not describe this pencil holder! A Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque Wonky Vessel is distinguished with Envision™ Glazes for a fun and funky creation.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Make light pencil marks to divide rim of vessel into 6 equal sections. Repeat procedure to mark bottom of cup, placing marks directly opposite marks on rim.
- Apply 1/8” wide tape from mark on rim to opposite mark on bottom, following curvature of cup to make vertical lines. Run fingernail along edges to ensure a tight seal.
- Apply ¼” tape horizontally around vessel, 1¼” from bottom.
- Pour a puddle of Harvest into vessel. Roll glaze around to coat inside, adding more if necessary. Pour excess into container.
- Pour puddle of Harvest onto foil. Sponge 3 coats of Harvest onto sides of vessel above tape and onto lip of vessel. Let dry after each coat.
- Remove tape from around bottom. Apply a line of tape around vessel, aligning lower edge with bottom of Harvest section. Apply another line of tape ¼” below first, to create a stripe.
- Sponge 3 coats of Gray onto stripe. Let dry after each coat.
- Remove tape. Apply tape over Gray section.
- Sponge 3 coats of Carnation Pink below tape and onto bottom of vessel. Let dry after each coat. Remove all tape.
- Apply 3 coats of Clear Brush-On Glaze onto vertical white lines, using No. 4 Liner. Let dry after each coat.
- Test flow of Black Licorice on paper towel. Write “No. 2” onto lower side of vessel. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.