Fresh and bright, this wine cooler gets a splash of color from Duncan’s Crackles™ Glazes and Crystals™ Glazes.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Sketch design onto wine cooler, using pencil.
- Place an amount of Celadon into container. Thin with a small amount of water. Pour thinned glaze into vase. Roll mixture inside vase until completely covered. Pour out excess glaze. Wipe away any drips. Let dry.
- Outline floral design with Black Licorice, being careful not to smudge design as it dries. Let dry thoroughly.
- Apply 3 coats of Bright Saffron to flower centers, using No. 1 Liner brush. Let dry after each coat.
- Apply 1 coat of Clear to flower centers, over Bright Saffron, using No. 6 Round brush. Let dry.
- Apply 2 coats of Celadon Crackle to background of wine cooler, using appropriate size brush. Let dry thoroughly after each coat.
- Gently shake Cherry Blossoms jar. Apply 2 coats to some flower shapes, using No. 6 Round brush, butting color next to Black Licorice. Let dry after each coat. Thoroughly mix glaze crystals throughout remaining glaze. Apply 1 coat to flower shapes, keeping large glaze crystals toward upper areas of each space so color will not flow over Black Licorice. Let dry.
- Repeat procedure to apply Blueberries to remaining flowers and Moss Green to leaves. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
- After fired, handle piece with a paper towel to prevent hand oils from penetrating crackle glaze and interfering with antiquing. Place a small amount of Acrylic Black onto a piece of foil. Thin with water. Brush mixture onto Celadon Crackle areas of wine cooler, using No. 6 Round brush. Wipe off excess color before dry, using paper towels.