You’ll have a hoot of a time giving this adorable little owl his own colorful personality! Create fun effects with Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes and an old toothbrush.
1. Wipe bisque with damp sponge to remove dust.
2. Brush three coats of Light Brown on owl leaving front body and eye area white bisque. Let dry.
3. Brush three coats Light Saffron on rings around pupil. Let dry.
4. Brush three coats Bright Tangerine on beak and feet. Let dry.
5. Brush two coats of Black to pupils and toenails. Let dry.
6. Lightly sponge areas of brown body and head with Bright Briarwood just to darken a little.
7. Use Liner brush dipped in Bright Briarwood to line around the Light Saffron rings, scalloped rings around eye and to accentuate the short curved lines on breast.
8. Dip toothbrush in some Black and spatter over owl’s body. Let dry.
9. Lightly sponge a coat of Pure Brilliance over owl. Let dry.
10. Place on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
11. NOTE: If bottom of feet are glazed, stilt and fire.