Allow your creativity to show through with a watercolor effect design on the heart box. Dilute some of your paint with water for a marbled effect with unique brushstrokes. The process is easy and the end result is unpredictably beautiful so why not give it a whirl!
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe box, lid, and key with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- On palette, pour a puddle of Really Red.
- Use brush dipped in water to mix with Really Red paint. Keep one side of brush loaded with a little more Really Red than the watered mixture.
- Make a quick, curved stroke on part of the lid. Repeat making a single stroke in another direction with a slightly watered paint on one side of the brush and more concentrated paint on other side. Repeat this quick stroke technique on sides of the box. Let dry.
- Place box and lid on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance to top, sides, bottom of box and lid. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Really Red on key. Let dry.
- Stilt all painted pieces and fire to cone 06.