Create a watercolor effect with some diluted color for a beautiful springtime design on the teardrop shaped egg bowls. They are great for holding trinkets or serving up small candies or nuts during spring and beyond.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe bowls with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- On one side of the palette pour puddle of Lemon Yellow.
- Pour a puddle of Dark Turquoise on the other side.
- Load Fan Glaze brush with water and stir into the Turquoise to dilute.
- Brush top end of the bowl of the inside and brush down to bottom of bowl. Brush a little deeper shade of Dark Turquoise at top letting it blend into the washy section.
- Rinse brush and dilute the Lemon Yellow. Blend into the lower part of the very pale Dark Turquoise area and letting it blend into the white bisque section of bowl.
- Repeat this with the outside of bowl. Let dry.
- Repeat the same process with the small bowl using the Lemon Yellow and Honeysuckle. Let dry.
- Place both bowls on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to bowls including base. Let dry.
Stilt bowls on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.