Natural beauty and texture erupt on the Duncan® Oh Four™ Wide Tribal Vase with bursts of brilliant Crystals™ Glazes!
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Shake bottle of Pure Brilliance™. Pour into vase and roll around to coat entire inside of vase. Pour out excess into clean plastic container. Let dry.
3. Place graphite paper on vase and position flower design pattern on top. Using pencil, trace over lines to transfer design onto vase as shown.
4. Test fluidity of Black Licorice on paper towel. *Tip: If French Dimensions™ Black Licorice is difficult to squeeze out, remove top and add 4-5 drops of Thin ‘n Shade. Stir with bamboo skewer until well mixed and replace cap. Use Black Licorice to outline floral design and all petals scattered on vase. Add dots to center of flower as shown. Let dry.
5. Use a Palette Knife to mix the top three quarters of glaze in the Eruption jar, being careful not to disturb the large crystals at the bottom, then pour some into a 3-oz. paper cup. Apply two coats of Eruption on the first flower layer as well as the “floating” petals scattered on the vase, being careful to stay within Black Licorice lines. Let dry between coats. Use the Palette Knife to thoroughly mix in the large crystals sitting at bottom of jar and add to paper cup. Generously apply crystals onto ware with the third coat. Let dry.
6. Repeat step to apply Harvest Time to the outer layer of petals on flower. Let dry.
7. Using the No. 10 Round, apply one good coat of Concepts® Black about an inch or so down into the small opening of vase. Let dry then paint three coats of Black on the entire vase, painting around the Black Licorice lines on flower and petals. Let dry between coats.
8. Stilt and fire to cone 06.