For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
Before you begin, wipe a damp sponge over entire bisque to remove dust and contaminants.
1. Paint 1 thick coat of Bright Briarwood all over the outside of the Santa until no white is showing.
2. When the color has lost its shine, take a slightly damp sponge and gently wipe the color off the pottery. You want to wipe lightly, removing the color from just the raised parts of the texture. This will leave the color in just the cracks, giving it an antiqued look. For best results, continually rinse your sponge in your water bowl while you wipe, as needed, and squeeze out the water well so it doesn’t drip onto your pottery.
3. Paint 2 washy coats of Really White on the eyebrows, beard, and cuff of the hat, sleeves, and robe.
4. Paint 2 washy coats of Bright Blush on the face and lip.
5. Paint 2 washy coats of Dark Sapphire on the hat and robe.
6. Paint 2 washy coats of Bright Kiwi on the tree.
7. Paint 2 washy coats of Bright Ginger on the front and back of the belt, gloves, and tree trunk.
8. Paint 2 washy coats of Sunflower Yellow on the star and bells.
9. With the end of the paint brush handle, add Black dots on each eye.
10. Clear glaze, then stilt and fire to cone 06.