For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
Before you begin, wipe a damp sponge over entire bisque to remove dust and contaminants.
1. Paint 1 thick coat of Light Aqua all over the outside of the mug until no white is showing.
2. When the color has lost its shine, take a slightly damp sponge and gently wipe the color off the pottery. You want to wipe lightly, removing the color from just the raised parts of the texture. This will leave the color in just the cracks, giving it an antiqued look. For best results, continually rinse your sponge in your water bowl while you wipe, as needed, and squeeze out the water well so it doesn’t drip onto your pottery.
3. Paint 3 coats of Really Red on the hat band.
4. Paint 2 watery coats of Light Kiwi on the scarf and handle.
5. Paint 2 coats of Bright Papaya on the carrot nose.
6. Paint 3 coats of Black on the hat.
7. Paint 2 coats of Black on the eyes and mouth.
8. Paint 1 watery coat of Bright Kiwi on the inside of the mug.
9. Using the back of the pencil like a stamp, make Bright Kiwi dots on the scarf and handle.
10. With the end of the paint brush handle, add Really White dots for eye shine on the right side of each eye.
11. Clear glaze, then stilt and fire to cone 06.