For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
Before you begin, wipe a damp sponge over entire bisque to remove dust and contaminants.
1. Paint 1 thick coat of Bright Grey all over the outside of the boot until no white is showing.
2. When the color has lost its shine, take a slightly damp sponge and gently wipe the color off the pottery. You want to wipe lightly, removing the color from just the raised parts of the texture. This will leave the color in just the cracks, giving it an antiqued look. For best results, continually rinse your sponge in your water bowl while you wipe, as needed, and squeeze out the water well so it doesn’t drip onto your pottery.
3. Apply 2 washy coats of Dark Scarlet on the boot.
4. Paint 2 coats of Black on the sole of the boot.
5. Paint 2 washy coats of Really White on the boot fur.
6. With a liner brush, carefully paint Really White and Dark Scarlet lines on the candy canes.
7. Paint 2 watery coats of Bright Kiwi on the bow.
8. Paint 1 coat of Light Kiwi on the inside.
9. Clear glaze, then stilt and fire to cone 06.