Take your creativity on an undersea excursion with the Duncan Oh Four™ Oval French Bread Plate! Pair Envision® Glazes with French Dimensions™ for a project that’s swimmingly superb.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Pour puddle of each color onto foil, then load the Fan Glaze brush with Sea Mist Green and apply to the right side of the platter in a water wave fashion. Load the brush with Caribbean Blue and blend the two colors together, making a wave pattern on the plate.
3. Load the Fan Glaze brush in Royal Blue and add along the lower left side, pulling slight color throughout the entire design. Blend the colors while they are wet on each coat, front and back, so the color will brush together. Work carefully not to leave large brushstroke marks.
4. Let each glaze coat on the front and back to dry thoroughly between coats.
5. Using a pencil, lightly sketch in the coral branches as shown, allowing plenty of space between branches so the French Dimensions™ does not run together.
6. Thoroughly shake and mix the Black Licorice French Dimensions™. Beginning from the outer end of the coral branches, squeeze a larger comma-shaped stroke at the ends of the coral, adding the branches to the base of the plant. Fill in all branches of coral, having a larger dot or comma on the ends. Fill in as needed. Let dry thoroughly.
7. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
8. Use a stilt stone to remove stilt marks.