Paint a child’s hand with glazes, press on bisque and you have an instant fish! Be creative, with the wide range of Concepts® colors and Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque you’ll be making fishy delights for everyone in the family!
- Wipe bisque plate with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- For bubble technique, work with one color at a time – you’ll be using Bright Delft, Light Kiwi and Bright Aqua. Pour one color in plastic container. Add water to thin color to a milk-like consistency.
- Add 1 drop of liquid dish soap. Mix together.
- Use a drinking straw to blow air into paint/soap mixture to create bubbles.
- Lower plate onto bubbles. Bubbles will pop right on ware, creating delicate bubble-shaped circles of color.
- Repeat as many times for desired coverage. Rinse container and repeat these steps with remaining two Concepts colors.
- Using foam brush, apply Bright Salsa, Bright Aqua and Light Kiwi to child’s hand in equal sections to define head, body and fin areas.
- Carefully place child’s hand on plate and firmly press down on each area including fingers. Lift hand straight up to avoid smudges.
- Sponge Light Blush on bottom area of plate for a “sand” effect.
- Paint seaweed with 2 coats of Light Kiwi, shading as desired with Bright Kiwi. Let dry between each coat.
- Using Liner brush, paint fish lips with Really Red.
- For fish bubbles, dip half of Flat brush in Bright Aqua. Place brush near fish and pivot brush to form circles, using less pressure as you pivot for smaller bubbles.
- Using Liner brush and Cobalt Jet Black, outline and detail areas. Let dry.
- Dip or brush on Clear Glaze.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.