- Surface was textured with a wooden comb and a brush handle. Bisque fired to cone 06 to accept Concepts® Underglazes.
- Brush strokes of Concepts® Dark Kelp, Really Red, Dark Grape and Dark Delft were applied directly to bisque with a No. 8 Round. The product was allowed to thoroughly dry.
- Wax resist was applied to the bisque where the lid contacts the base and allowed to dry.
- Two coats of Deep Sea Treasure were applied to piece with a No. 6 Fan Glaze and allowed to dry.
- Dry footed and fired to cone 5 with the lid in place.