Celebrate the turn of the season with custom dishware in rich Duncan® color! Swirling leaves and shimmery autumn hues make for a table setting that’s truly enchanting.
1. Place clay carbon paper on salad plate with pattern on top. Trace over pattern lines with pencil to transfer design onto plate.
2. Test French Really Red French Dimensions on paper towel to get a feel for bottle.
3. Use French Really Red to create dots along pattern lines on plate, approximately 1/8” apart. Let dry.
4. Dryfoot in kiln and fire to cone 06.
5. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto front and back of plate. Let dry.
6. Stilt and fire to cone 06.
7. Brush three coats of Dark Papaya on textured rim of plate. Let dry.
8. Brush three coats of Ruby Shimmer onto outer edge of rim, brushing over the Papaya but leaving the inner edge of rim untouched by Ruby Shimmer so Papaya is still visible. Let dry.
9. Create dots with French Really Red around outer edge of plate center as shown. Let dry completely.
10. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto center of plate and backside, leaving rim without any clear glaze. Let dry.
11. Stilt and fire to cone 06.