Show your affection for all things tribal with a bold diamond pattern on the Duncan® Oh Four® heart plate. Duncan® Cover-Coat® Underglazes add robust accents that match your love for ethnic emphases.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Enlarge pattern to fit onto plate.
3. Place clay carbon paper onto plate with pattern positioned on top. With pencil, carefully trace over pattern to transfer to plate. Use a ruler as guide if necessary.
4. Use No. 6 Round to paint three coats Red Wagon into indicated squares. *If desired, mask off the red section using masking tape and paint around the black center square.
5. Paint three coats in the Chartreuse sections and dot in the center of the black squares.
6. Paint three coats Turquoise in indicated sections.
7. Carefully paint three coats Black in the indicated areas.
8. Use end of brush handle to dip in the Black and make dots in the Turquoise sections. Let dry.
9. Turn plate to backside and brush three coats Black.
10. “Dry foot” (place on kiln shelf without stilts) and fire to cone 04.
11. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply two coats Pure Brilliance? Clear Glaze to front of plate.
12. Repeat with back of plate.
13. Stilt in kiln and fire to cone 06.