Looking for a super shiny accent piece for your home or the office? Whether you’re style is modern contemporary, classic or artistically outside of the box, metallic hues offer something for everyone! Accent the free-flowing curves of the Duncan® Oh Four® Modern Free Form Vase with the eye-catching sheen of Duncan® Modern Brass for a project that makes a statement no matter where it’s displayed.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Pour some Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze into vase. Roll around to coat entire inside, leaving the top 3 inches of the vase unglazed and pour out remaining Pure Brilliance into a paper cup. Wipe away any drips with a damp sponge.
3. Using the Fan Glaze brush, brush two good coats of Pure Brilliance on base of vase and up the exterior to where the flare on top begins. Let dry.
4. Brush three coats of Modern Brass onto unglazed upper portion of vase (both inside and around the outer edge).
5. Use the No. 8 Round to dab heavier coats of Modern Brass onto areas where you would like the glaze to drip down. Let dry.
6. Use the tip of the brush to dab small dots of Modern Brass randomly on lower half of vase, being careful not to place color too heavily or too close to the base, as Modern Brass will drip during firing. Use tip of brush handle to pull color outward to simulate sunbursts. Let dry.
7. Stilt and fire to cone 04.