The jungle air is alive with the beat of drums! Offer your guests tasty tropical tidbits with the help of Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque serving pieces and Concepts® for Bisque and Majolica accents.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Using Fan Glaze brush, apply 3 coats of Bright Tangerine to inside flat area of tray. Let dry after each coat.
- Apply 3 smooth coats of Dark Tangerine to inside rim and back of tray. Let dry between coats. Apply 3 smooth coats of Dark Tangerine to inside of each bowl. Let dry between coats. Apply 3 smooth coats of Bright Olive to outside of each bowl, butting color to lip of Dark Tangerine. Let dry after each coat.
- Using clay carbon paper and pencil, carefully transfer large tiki head design, the word “tiki” and palm tree to plate. Transfer small tiki head designs onto sides of bowls, repeating pattern three times around bowl. Alternate patterns between bowls.
- On small bowls, use #1 Liner brush to add 1 coat of Bright Briarwood to each small mask pattern, working color for solid coverage.
- On tray, basecoat tiki figure with Light Brown. Add shading and design to tiki head with Bright Brown, Bright Briarwood and Dark Briarwood. Add plenty of color for shading and details.
- Basecoat letters with Light Ginger. Add shading and design to create a look of bamboo, using Bright Ginger, Dark Ginger and Dark Briarwood. Use darker color for details.
- On palm tree, basecoat tree trunk with Light Brown. Add shading and design to trunk, using Bright Brown, Bright Briarwood, Dark Briarwood and Dark Ginger. Use darker color for shading and details.
- On palm tree leaves, use #1 Liner brush to puddle colors for variation in leaf, using Light Olive, Bright Olive and Dark Olive. Add plenty of color for shading and opaque coverage. Let dry.
- Using Fan Glaze brush, brush on 1 coat of Clear Glaze. Be careful not to smear design.
- Stilt and fire separated pieces to shelf cone 06.