- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove dust.
- Apply Black to top of game board and to tops of game pieces, using either No. 10 Shader or ¾” Flat Shader. Let dry.
- Apply Quik-Crackle to tops of game pieces, using No. 10 Shader. Let dry thoroughly.
- Pour three parts Bisque White and one part Lemon Grass onto foil. Mix thoroughly. Apply 1 coat of mixture to tops of “O” pieces, using slightly dampened silk sponge, working quickly and not reworking paint. Allow crackle pattern to develop.
- Mix 1 part each Bisque White, Green Tomato and Goldenrod. Apply mixture to sides and bottoms of “O” pieces and to two opposite sides of game board. Let dry.
- Sponge Butterscotch onto tops of “X” pieces. Allow crackle pattern to develop. Apply onto remaining areas of pieces and onto two remaining sides of game board, using either No. 10 Shader or ¾” Flat Shader. Let dry.
- Touch up any misplaced color. Let dry.
- Trace words onto each side of board, using graphite paper and pen. Fill in lettering, using No. 10/0 Liner and Black. Let dry.
- Spray 2 coats of Clear Gloss Spray Sealer onto all surfaces. Let dry after each coat.