Go mad with creativity on the Duncan® Oh Four™ Bisque Provence Dinner Plate! Create this curious cat accent piece using Concepts® Underglazes and a little imagination; it’s a fun craft for daydreamers of all ages!
- Wipe ware with dampened sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Using pencil and patterns, trace cat’s eyes, nose and mouth onto printed side of clear shelf paper.
- Cut out facial features then remove backing and position onto plate. Refer to photo for placement. Run fingers over all edges to seal from paint seepage.
- Pour a puddle of Bright Caribbean onto a piece of foil. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply three coats on front of plate, working color over cutouts as well. Let dry between each coat then remove cutouts when third coat of paint is dry.
- Paint three coats of Bright Caribbean on back of plate, letting dry between each coat. Allow final coat to dry thoroughly.
- Pour a small puddle of Really White onto foil. Using the No. 4 Liner, paint two coats in the eyes and mouth. Let dry between coats.
- Pour a small puddle of Black onto foil. Using the No. 1 Liner or the No. 4 Liner as needed, paint pupils and outline of eyes, nose, whiskers, outline of mouth and lines in mouth to create teeth. Let dry and apply a second coat. Allow final coat to dry thoroughly.
- Pour an amount of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze into a paper cup. Using Fan Glaze brush, carefully brush one coat of Pure Brilliance™ onto front of plate. Let dry, then brush one coat on back. Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.