Here’s one turkey who’s happy to land on your plate this Thanksgiving! You’ll gobble up how easy it is to make when you start with the Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque Wavy Ware dinner plate and garnish with Satin Glazes™ and French Dimensions™ for an adorable turkey plate that’s waiting to be a part of your Thanksgiving décor.
- Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- To transfer pattern, place tracing paper onto plate and place pattern on top. Trace over pattern lines with pencil, transferring design onto plate.
- Shake bottles of paint well. Using No. 8 Round, paint three coats Neon Orange onto turkey body and wings. Let dry between each coat.
- Using No. 6 Round, paint three coats Neon Red onto head, neck and waddle. Let dry between each coat.
- Using No. 6 Round, paint three coats Neon Yellow in eyes, beak and feet. Let dry between each coat.
- Using 1” Glaze Brush, paint three coats Neon Yellow on the outer tail feathers. Let dry between coats.
- Using No. 8 Round, paint three coats Black to inner feathers around the turkey’s body and area around feet. Let dry between coats.
- Test the flow of French Dimensions™ colors on a paper towel. Note: If color is too thick, add a few drops of Thin ‘n Shade and mix with a craft stick and test product again.
- Using French Dimensions™ Black, draw around turkey’s eyes and waddle. Add dots for eyes as well as lines between orange feathers. Refer to photo.
- Using 1” Glaze Brush, paint three coats Neon Yellow on the back of the plate, drying between coats. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06