Create a mug reminiscent of drinking ale in an old Irish pub. The bisque mug offers texture of a wooden design and you just add the color details. Cheers!
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush three coats Burnished Bronze to the metal rings around mug. Let dry.
- Place mug on kiln shelf and fire to cone 04 as directed.
- To cooled mug, brush three coats Dark Briarwood inside mug and base. Let dry.
- Brush one solid coat of same color to outside and handle of mug.
- While paint is a little damp, run sponge across the mug against the carved lines and wipe off paint only on the raised areas leaving the Dark Briarwood in the crevices. Let dry.
- Brush 2-3 coats of Bright Brown to mug brushing across the raised areas. Let dry.
- Drybrush a little Dark Briarwood and Really Red randomly over mug to create natural looking wood. Dry.
- Wipe overspills of color on the metal band.
- Stilt mug and re-fire to cone 06.