Satisfy your sushi, fashion and creativity cravings in one sitting! Your meal will be on-trend with the Duncan® Oh Four™ Asian Sushi Plate covered in the ever-popular houndstooth pattern created with versatile Concepts® Underglazes.
- Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Cut a piece of non-skid shelf liner the size of plate and set aside.
- Pour a large puddle of Dark Delft onto a piece of foil.
- Turn plate over so back side is facing upward and use Fan Glaze brush to apply three coats of Dark Delft, letting dry between each application. Let dry and clean brush.
- On a clean piece of foil, pour a large puddle of Light Delft. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply two coats of Light Delft, letting dry between each coat. Let dry and clean brush.
- Starting from the left side of plate, use the Fan Glaze brush to apply a generous coat of Dark Delft to about a quarter of the plate. Immediately rinse brush and apply a generous coat of Bright Delft to the second quarter of the plate, blending somewhat into the Dark Delft.
- Wash brush quickly and apply a generous coat of Light Delft to the remainder of plate, blending somewhat into the Bright Delft.
- While colors on plate are still damp, place the non-skid shelf liner piece on top and gently press to create texture in the paint. Let dry.
- Carefully remove liner piece. Carefully remove any loose chips of paint.
- Place clay carbon paper on top of plate with houndstooth pattern on top. Use pencil to trace over pattern to transfer design.
- Pour a puddle of Black onto foil. Using the No. 4 Shader, brush a think coat of Black into the houndstooth design. Let dry.
- Lightly brush one coat of Pure Brilliance™ onto entire plate. Pour needed amount of Pure Brilliance™ into a paper cup and water down to a milky consistency. Brush one coat of this mixture over first coat of Pure Brilliance™ and let dry.
- Stilt and fire to Cone06.