Show your dad he’s your own personal superhero with a mug that’s out of this world! Vibrant colors and 3D effects from Duncan® French Dimensions™ will give him a boost before he heads off to save the day.
1. Wipe bisque with a damp sponge to remove any dust.
2. Pour some Pure Brilliance into mug and swirl around to coat entire inside of mug. Pour out excess glaze into a paper cup and wipe away any drips with a damp sponge.
3. Place pattern on side of mug with clay carbon transfer paper underneath. Trace over outline only.
4. Condition No. 6 Round with Brush Cleaner, then use conditioned brush to apply Mask ‘n Peel over design. Let dry and immediately clean brush after applying Mask ‘n Peel.
5. Use the Fan Glaze brush to apply three coats of Bright Delft to outside of mug, brush color over masked design. Use a paper towel to wipe away some of the pooled color from masking.
6. After the third coat has lost its sheen but before it completely dries, peel off the masking and clean any color crumbles or jagged edges with a damp brush. Let third coat completely dry.
7. Use the No. 6 Round to apply three coats of Neon Red onto mug handle. Let dry.
8. Fill in the design with three coats of Neon Yellow and let dry completely.
9. Place clay carbon transfer paper back over design section and align pattern on top. Gently trace over design lines and wording to transfer onto Neon Yellow diamond pattern, being careful not to scratch color underneath.
10. Load the No. 1 Liner with Neon Red and brush three coats onto outline and wording as shown. Let dry completely.
11. Test flow of Black Licorice French Dimensions on paper towel. Outline design and wording with Black Licorice. Let dry completely.
12. Brush one coat of Pure Brilliance onto outside of mug and let dry. Brush two coats onto bottom of mug. Let dry completely.
13. Stilt and fire to cone 06.