- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Roll Clear glaze inside ewer to coat. Pour out excess glaze and wipe away any drips with dampened sponge. Let dry.
- Using Fan Glaze brush, apply 3 coats of Cactus Sand to outside of ewer. Let dry after each coat.
- Transfer sunflower and leaf designs with clay carbon paper.
- On foil, pour separate puddles of each color except Romaine and Ivy Green.
- Dampen Round brush with water and load with Willow Yellow. Beginning from flower center, lay tip of brush on edge of outer part of center. Pull and press to widen stroke and lift up. Repeat petal strokes around each sunflower.
- Dip brush into Sierra Yellow and shade between petals and around areas where petals join center.
- Use Liner brush to outline inner edges of petals and pull in some detail lines with French Brown.
- Pour separate puddles of Romaine and Ivy Green. Brush Romaine in the very center of each sunflower and French Brown around outer center. Dip Round brush bristles lightly in French Brown and dab in Romaine centers to create sunflower seeds. Also dab Black in French Brown rings to detail.
- Use Round brush to paint center portion of leaves with Ivy Green. Add a tint of Black to Ivy Green and pull in veins and stem detailing with Liner brush.
- Load Round brush with French Brown and pull fingertips through bristles to create a spatter of brown over outside of ewer. Let dry.
- Stilt and glaze fire to shelf cone 06.