Create this breezy fresh plate with summer bright Concepts and a fun Stippling Technique to create natural detailing.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
2. Trace pattern on plate with clay carbon and pencil.
3. Use No. 8 Round brush to apply 3 coats of Dark Papaya to peach. Let dry after each coat.
4. Use Liner and No. 8 Round brushes as needed to apply 2 coats of Bright Kiwi to stems and leaves. Let dry after each coat.
5. Use No 4 Round brush to apply 2 coats of Bright Butternut to flower petals. Let dry after each coat.
6. The Stippling Technique is used to create highlighting and shading by pouncing the tip of the Deerfoot Stippler brush loaded with color against ware. Hold the brush between your thumb and forefinger, letting the handle rest on your middle finger. Hold the brush at a slight angle toward you and use a quick up-and-down motion to stipple or pounce the color on the following areas (clean the brush after each color):
Dark Scarlet: shade peach
Bright Papaya: shade flower centers
Dark Kiwi: shade leaves.
7. Use Liner brush with Dark Black to outline and detail peach, flowers and leaves. Dip handle in Dark Black and touch several times to ware to add dots to flower centers. Let dry.
8. Use Fan Glaze brush to apply 2 coats of Clear Glaze completely over plate. Let dry after each coat.
9. Stilt and glaze fire to shelf cone 06.