Harvest your style with a plateful of color! Enhance the bounty of texture on the Duncan® Oh Four™ Designer Ware Charger with antiqued effects from Courtyard™ Art Glazes and earthy shades of Concepts® Underglazes.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour puddles of Cactus Sand and Sand on foil. Using Fan Glaze brush, paint top 2/3 of center area of charger with Cactus Sand. Let dry and brush on two more coats, letting dry between each.
- Clean Fan Glaze and brush three coats of Sand on the bottom third of charger center, pulling color upward and brushing somewhat into the Cactus Sand to blend. Let dry between coats.
- Transfer cornstalks design by placing graphite paper between plate and pattern. Trace over pattern with pencil, being careful not to score color beneath.
- Pour puddles of Light, Bright and Dark Kiwi on a clean piece of foil. Use the No. 8 Round to brush two coats of Light Kiwi on leaves, letting dry between coats. Tip: To paint leaves, hold plate upside down or in whatever direction that will allow you to pull brush toward you. First press the tip of bristles onto plate, then press bristles down all the way and pull toward you, lifting and slightly twisting brush as you near the tip of leaf.
- Without cleaning brush, dip into the Bright Kiwi and brush onto center areas of leaves and areas where some fold over, blending color with the Light Kiwi. Refer to photo. Paint a few leaves coming up from the bottom of charger as shown.
- Pour small puddles of Dark Kiwi and Black on foil and mix some of the Black into the Dark Kiwi. Use the No. 8 Round to brush this color over some of the surrounding leaves at the base of cornstalks. Refer to photo.
- Use the No. 1 Liner to brush the mix of Dark Kiwi and Black onto cornstalks for shading. Pull lines of color extending from centers of leaves as shown. Let dry.
- Use the No. 8 Round or the Fan Glaze as preferred to brush three coats of Pumpkin Spice around the textured border of charger, letting dry between coats. Let dry.
- Dip toothbrush bristles in Black and run fingertip over bristles to spatter color over the entire front of charger. Let dry.
- Flip plate over to back side and paint three coats of Pumpkin Spice onto entire back, letting dry between coats. Let dry.
- Use the No. 8 Round to brush one coat of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze and on the cornstalks and leaves only. Let completely dry.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.