Make your dreams of exquisite dishware a reality with the Duncan® Oh Four™ Coupe Collection, made pleasantly picturesque with watercolor effects from E-Z Stroke™ Translucent Underglazes.
1. Wipe plates and bowls with dampened sponge to remove bisque dust. Let dry.
2. Use pencil to trace over hydrangea patterns for each piece of ware. Note: Trace only outlines of flower bunches and leaves. Turn patterns over tracing side down and place on ware. Trace over lines again to transfer designs onto ware. (The lead from tracings will transfer onto ware when traced over.)
3. PLATTER: Squeeze puddles of Petal Pink, Periwinkle and Smoke Grey on palette, spaced apart.
4. Dilute the Petal Pink to a wash consistency then use the No. 6 Round to paint a light coat in the pink hydrangea bunch.
5. Repeat step, diluting the Periwinkle and brushing in the purple hydrangea bunch.
6. Repeat with Smoke Grey for the leaves. Let all areas dry.
7. Pencil over the flower and leaf details on pattern then transfer onto platter as described above, lining up edges with designs already on platter.
8. Pour small puddles of Pecos Pink, Periwinkle and Concord Grape into palette. Use the No. 6 Round to paint Concord Grape around some of the flower petals on pink hydrangea flowers and blend into the flowers underneath to create dimension. Add a little water to color to float color into the background. Let dry.
9. Use the No. 4 Liner to make fine lines of Pecos Pink extending from each flower center, on each petal. Refer to photo.
10. Add some Cobalt Jet Black to the paint palette and mix a tiny amount into the Concord Grape. Paint small circle for the center of each flower and add further detail and dimension by accentuating some of the individual flowers by painting behind the petals. Refer to photo.
11. Dilute some Smoke Grey and side load the No. 6 Round with this diluted color, then brush down one side of the veins to create shading. Float Smoke Grey along outer edge of top leaf where leaves overlap. Refer to photo.
12. Use Liner brush to paint in vein lines for each leaf. Let dry.
13. Repeat steps for each piece as shown, using colors to create pink, purple and blue hydrangeas.
14. Fire pieces to witness cone 06 to set color.
15. When pieces have cooled, brush two good coats of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze onto each piece. Let dry.
16. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.