Inspired by nature with a little fantasy thrown in, this distinctively designed vase offers a stunning combination of texture and flair. Duncan® Crystals Glazes™ provides the night sky background that’s complemented with a texturized creative combination of Duncan® Concepts® and beach sand!
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Pour some Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze inside vase. Turn vase to coat inside with Pure Brilliance. Pour out remaining glaze into clean container.
3. Refer to photo and use pencil to lightly draw scalloped lines from protruding tips of vase dipping into a “U” and up to the next ridge.
4. Brush one coat Really White on to the lower scalloped section of the vase. Let dry.
5. Pour some Really White into clean plastic container. Add some sand and stir to achieve a fluid, but coarse texture.
6. Brush the sand mixture over the painted white area. Make sure sandy texture is consistent. Let dry.
7. Use craft stick to stir Sailor’s Delight Crystals Glazes, being careful not to disturb the crystals at the bottom of the jar. Brush two coats on unpainted upper area of vase. Let dry.
8. Use craft stick to stir in crystals from bottom of jar and apply a third coat to vase. Place additional crystals in areas as desired. Let dry.
9. Stilt in kiln and fire to cone 06.