Everyone knows how busy Santa and his reindeer are come Christmas Eve! Create this adorable serving set for Santa and his pals to snack from when they stop at your house this holiday season.
1. Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Brush three coats of Neon Red inside mug, up to lip, and onto open section on lower half where cookies will go.
3. Use a pencil to lightly sketch ½” thick lines on handle. If desired, tape off lines to ensure sharp, clean edges between color sections.
4. Using the No. 6 Round, apply three coats of Neon Red to every other section of the handle to create red and white stripes. Let dry.
5. Transfer “for SANTA” onto the face of mug above the open section for cookies by placing piece of clay carbon paper on mug with pattern on top. Trace over the letters to transfer.
6. Use French Scarlet to trace over the letters. Let dry. Note: You can paint over the lettering with the No. 1 Liner and Neon Red instead if preferred.
7. Carefully brush one light coat of Pure Brilliance onto inside cup and cookie opening, and two coats onto remainder of cup. Let dry.
8. Stilt cup on shelf and fire to cone 06.
1. Measure ¾” in from edges of plate. Run strip of tape along line on each side.
2. Trace reindeer onto contact paper. Cut out.
3. Remove backing from reindeer silhouette and position on plate. Let tip of nose and antlers run over into border. Press firmly around all edges to seal from paint seepage.
4. Run additional strips of tape along the inner edge of the rim, creating a ½” space between the tape placed in step 1 and the tape along the inside edge.
5. Within the ½” taped off section, lightly draw horizontal lines (or vertical, depending on what side you are working on) approximately ½” apart.
6. Brush three coats of Neon Red onto every other marked section of taped off border. Let dry and remove tape.
7. Add tape over the checkered border to seal off white unpainted sections. Brush three coats of Neon Red onto frame and center of plate with reindeer cutout in place.
8. Before third coat is completely dry, remove tape and reindeer cutout.
9. Brush three coats of Light Kiwi onto holly leaves and make red dots for berries using the end of a paintbrush.
10. Make Black dots for eyes and paint nose Black, leaving a small white dot for highlight.
11. Use a pencil to lightly create “for the Reindeer” along the top of plate above reindeer head.
12. Trace over letters using Black French Dimensions. Let dry.
13. Stilt and fire to cone 06.
14. Brush one good coat of Pure Brilliance onto white unglazed areas and let dry. Brush a second coat over entire plate, back included. Let dry completely.
15. Stilt and fire to cone 06.