Give serving a “square meal” a whole new meaning with this creative design on the Duncan® Oh Four® Geometrix dinnerware collection. The combination of alternating blocks of color and dots is perfect for an everyday set.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Using the tape measure and pencil, mark off 1” squares around the perimeter of the plates, adjusting the marks so the division is equal. Also mark the lip and foot of the mug adjusting the spacing for even division.
3. Using the No. 6 Round, apply three flowing coats of either Bright Olive or Bright Blue Spruce, alternating the colors for even placement around each of the pieces. Allow color to dry between coats, clean up any misplaced color.
4. Using the No. 1 Liner, add a narrow Black line between the Bright Olive and Bright Blue Spruce squares, applying three coats to each line keeping the edges neat.
5. Use the No. 6 Round and apply three coats of Black to the handle and the lip and inside the mug, and the lip and back side of the plates. Allow the color to dry between coats.
6. Use the pencil to sketch lines on each of the plates and the mug for the dot rows. Use a large end brush handle to add dots down the lines, keeping the lines straight. Allow color to dry.
7. Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply one flowing coat of Pure Brilliance Glaze being careful not to smear the color. Apply a second coat to the unpainted areas where the dots are. Allow the glaze to dry thoroughly.
8. Stilt and fire to cone 06.