Start by adding a basic landscape of Duncan® Cover-Coat® underglaze on the Duncan® Oh Four® shallow bowl and then have a blooming good time adding texture with a stylus tool. Then you’ll add some cheerful bright orange flowers using Duncan® E-Z Stroke® colors for a spectacular springtime server.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Using Fan Glaze brush, paint two coats Ivory Pearl to inside, sides and bottom of bowl. Let dry.
3. Use Fan Glaze to brush a third coat to bowl. While paint is slightly damp, use Stylus to carve lines of irregular lengths and angles in areas of inside bowl. Repeat with 2-3 sections on outside of bowl also. Brush off excess paint chips and let dry.
4. Use tracing paper and pattern to transfer pattern to bowl.
5. On palette, pour puddle of Neon Orange. Dilute color to a wash.
6. Use No. 10 Round and diluted Neon Orange to make bold strokes into flower petals, using pattern only as a guide. (Keep strokes irregular and free. Pattern is only a guide.)
7. Dip brush into Passion Red and make small free strokes around the center area of flower. Rinse brush.
8. Pour puddle of Neon Green and Ivy Green on palette. Using same brush, load with Neon Green and brush one stroke for leaves. Lay brush down, pull and lift up.
9. Dip brush into the Ivy Green and lay it down at the base of leaves and pull up.
10. Paint leaves on outside of bowl also. Let dry.
11. On palette, mix a small amount of Midnight Blue to Passion Red to create a deep purple. Brush a blob in the center of the flowers. Let dry.
12. Pour a small amount of Black on palette. Using Liner brush, make fine lines from purple center. Use end of brush to dab into the Black and make dots on top of the lines. Let dry.
13. Fire to cone 04.
14. Use Fan Glaze to brush one good coat of Pure Brilliance over entire bowl. Let dry.
15. Stilt and fire to cone 06.