Talk about fun! The new Duncan® Squrve collection plates and bowls make for the perfect setting for a fun and creative decorating technique! Add black splatters using a stiff bristled brush. Then add a stylish gold trimmed border for a finishing touch.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe all ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush two coats of White to all pieces. Let dry.
- Pour puddle of Light Wine on palette.
- Add water to dilute some of the paint to a watercolor consistency.
- Dip Fan Glaze brush into paint and boldly brush color in a sweeping motion onto dinner plate. If desired, stroke in another direction with color. Let dry.
- Repeat with small plate and small bowl. Let dry.
- Dilute some Light Jade and brush loosely over medium plate and larger bowl as above. Let dry.
- Pour a small puddle of Dark Nautical on palette. Dip stiff bristled brush or toothbrush into paint and pull back bristles to spatter paint on plates. Let dry.
- Stilt pieces on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06 to set in colors and prevent smearing.
- Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to front and backs of plates. Let dry. Re-fire to cone 06.
- To add gold trim: Pour small amount of gold on palette and dip cotton swab into paint. Carefully run swab along raised edges of plate to create gold trim. Let dry.
- Stilt plates and re-fire to cone 018.