Random splashes of color create a one-of-a-kind design! Use Concepts® Underglazes on the Duncan® Oh Four™ Bisque Contempo Pitcher for a Pollock-style piece that’s perfect for the gallery or your dining room table!
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour some Pure Brilliance™ into a paper cup and add a small amount of water until glaze is a creamy consistency. Pour into pitcher and roll around to coat the entire inside. Pour remaining glaze back into cup and set aside.
- Shake bottles of Concepts® Underglazes before use. Pour each of the four colors of glaze into their own individual plastic bottle with tip, filling about halfway. Squeeze out on paper towel to test. Set aside.
- Lightly sketch random, irregular circles on pitcher with pencil. Refer to photo.
- Pour puddles of Bright Saffron, Really Red, Bright Delft and Black onto a piece of foil. Load the No. 10 Round with one color at a time and fill in circles. Apply color liberally as you will need only one coat.
- One at a time, take plastic bottles filled with color and squeeze several lines of color extending randomly from the corresponding colored circles. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Use No. 6 Fan Glaze to apply one coat of the thinned Pure Brilliance™ in paper cup (create more if needed) over pitcher, being careful not to brush over colors excessively to avoid smearing. Let dry. Apply a second undiluted coat, carefully brushing over the colored areas.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.