Like fireworks lighting up the night sky, Concepts® Underglazes put on a show of color on Duncan® Oh Four® Bisque pieces for elevated serveware that will be the center of attention on your party table.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- With pencil, mark off four equal sections for red stripes.
- Tape off sections with masking tape, making sure edges are well sealed.
- Pour Neon Red on palette. Using No. 10 Round, paint three coats Neon Red in indicated sections. Let dry after each coat. Remove tape.
- Use No. 10 Round to paint tops of pedestals with three coats Neon Red. Let dry after each coat. Set aside.
- Mask off rims of plates by taping around center and taping down folded paper towels to protect outer rim. Place paper towels under plates to protect work surface.
- Pour some Dark Delft and Neon Red on palette. Dip No. 10 brush into Neon Red and randomly splatter across the centers of the plates. Repeat with Dark Delft splatters going in opposite directions. Use fingertips to dip in paint if desired and flick on spots. Let dry.
- Remove tape and paper towels on border.
- Brush three coats Dark Delft on rims of plates. Let dry after each coat.
- Apply two coats Pure Brilliance® to pedestals and both sides of plates. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06.