- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Trace chili pepper pattern on contact paper with clay carbon and pencil. Cut out, peel backing and place chili peppers around inside of bowl, pressing down firmly to keep paint from leaking underneath.
- Pour a puddle of Neon Yellow on foil. Use Fan Glaze brush to apply 3 smooth coats to inside of bowl (except for bottom center). Let dry between coats. While the last coat is still slightly damp, use a straight pin to lift one corner of contact paper and gently peel off.
- Referring to photo for colors, use the “Drop and Fill” Technique to fill in chili peppers with Neon Orange, Neon Green and Really Red. Also fill in stems with Bright Kelp. Fully load a Liner brush (depending on how large or small the area being worked on) with color until it appears to almost drip off tip of brush. Starting in center of area to be completed, drop color onto surface and use tip of brush to move color toward edges of area. Reload brush as necessary. Color will appear to go on very heavy. Try to keep color even in application. A second coat can be applied if application appears thin.
- Use No. 4 Liner brush with Neon Yellow to create highlights on peppers.
- Use Fan Glaze brush to apply 3 smooth coats of Neon Red to inside center bottom of large bowl and inside of small bowl. Let dry between coats.
- Use masking tape to tape off V-shaped lines around upper outside of large bowl and small bowl (refer to photo for placement). Using Fan Glaze brush for large bowl and Round brush for small bowl, apply 3 smooth coats of Neon Yellow around upper outside half of each bowl, except the rims. Brush right over the masking tape. Let dry between coats. While last coat is still slightly damp, gently peel off tape. Use Liner brush and “Drop and Fill” Technique to fill in lines with Neon Red.
- Using the Fan Glaze and Round brushes as needed, apply 3 smooth coats of Dark Black to the rims and lower outside half of each bowl. Let dry between coats.
- Use sketchy strokes to outline and detail chili peppers with No. 1 Liner and Dark Black. Let dry.
- Using the Fan brush, apply a thin coat of Clear Glaze completely over each bowl. Let dry.
- Stilt and glaze fire to shelf cone 06.