Delight yourself in colorful creativity with the Duncan Oh Four™ Designer Ware Charger artfully glazed in Crystals™ Glazes from the new Earth and Sky Series. It’s one project that’ll have your imagination blossoming in no time!
- Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to remove any dust or particles.
- Using a pencil, very lightly sketch flower center in middle of plate, as well as petals extending to inside edge, referring to photo.
- Using the No. 6 Fan Glaze brush, apply one coat of Rustic Sunset to the ribbed plate rim. Let dry then use sponge to wipe back the glaze for an antiqued effect. Let dry.
- Using the No. 6 Fan Glaze brush, apply three coats of Saddle Clove over the Rustic Sunset on the ribbed rim of plate, as well as the entire backside of the plate, allowing the glaze to dry between coats.
- Use the No. 6 Round brush to apply three coats of Very Black to the center of the flower and the background space between the petals, letting each coat dry before applying the next.
- Using the No. 1 Liner brush, pull lines of the Sailor’s Delight from the Very Black center area of flower toward outer edge of each petal, and from the outer edge of each petal toward the center. Refer to photo. Apply three coats of color to the darkest areas.
- Using either the No. 1 Liner or No. 6 Round brushes as needed, apply three coats of Solar Flares to the remaining petal areas, allowing some of the color to overlap the Sailor’s Delight sections. Let dry between each application.
- Thoroughly shake each of the French Dimensions™ colors. Use French Kiwi to create the stamens in the center of the flower and squeeze dots of French Straw onto the ends of the flower stamens. Refer to photo. Outline the inside edge of plate rim with Black Licorice. Let dry thoroughly.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.