This ssssmiling ssssnake friend is ready for your creativity and your coffee! His realistic snake skin bumps and coils are the perfect ssssetting for super blending effectssss.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour some Light Kiwi into mug. Roll around paint to coat bottom and sides and pour out remaining glaze into clean container to reuse.
- Brush one good coat Dark Kiwi over snake making sure paint covers crevices.
- While paint is still a little damp, wipe back color with sponge leaving the Dark Kiwi in the carved details. Let dry.
- Use Fan Glaze brush to brush over the raised areas of texture with Light Saffron on bottom half of snake’s body and head. Let dry.
- Brush over the raised areas of texture with Bright Kiwi to upper half of snake’s head and body blending into the Yellow.
- Lightly brush Dark Kiwi to top opening of mug to blend with the Bright Kiwi and repeat with Dark Kiwi between coils. Let dry.
- Using detail brush, paint eyes with a heavy coat of Bright Butternut. Let dry.
- Paint around eyes and paint pupil with Black using Liner brush.
- Paint in nostrils and mouth with Dark Kiwi or Black. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.
- If desired, brush one coat of Pure Brilliance to fired mug and re-fire to cone 06.