Use the Sgraffito Technique to gently etch the design through the Neon hot Concepts Underglazes for a modern twist on this floral design.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Pour a puddle of each color on separate areas of foil.
- Use Fan Glaze brush to apply 3 coats of each following color to specified areas: Neon Red to vase and Neon Yellow to lid with Fan brush. Let dry after each coat. While last Neon Red coat is still damp, trace the flower pattern on vase with clay carbon and pencil and use Sgraffito Technique to scratch fine, shallow design lines into vase.
- Fire pieces to shelf cone 04.
- Thin a portion of Clear Glaze with water to a milk consistency. Working with one piece at a time, pour inside vase and lid, and roll around for even coverage. Pour out excess glaze, and wipe away any drips with a damp sponge. Let dry.
- Use Fan Glaze brush to apply 2 coats of Clear Glaze to the outside of vase and lid. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt and fire separated pieces to shelf cone 06.