Beach dwellers will love to bring home the serenity of the sea with the Duncan® Oh Four™ Shell Plate. The plate will feel right at home when you add natural-looking accents of Crystals™ Glazes for a nautical accent with a coastal flair.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Use palette knife to gently mix the Polynesian Lagoon glaze, being careful not to disturb the large crystals sitting at the bottom of container. Pour some into a paper cup. Use the Fan Glaze to brush a coat of Polynesian Lagoon on the top 3/4 of shell plate.
- Brush ¾ way down on plate with a coat of Polynesian Lagoon.
- Next, use a brush stroke to paint a small section below Polynesian Lagoon with Really Red blending into the above Polynesian Lagoon (refer to photo). Leave approximately 1½” on the bottom unpainted.
- Use palette knife to gently mix the Sailor’s Delight glaze, being careful not to disturb the large crystals sitting at the bottom of container. Pour some into a paper cup. Use the Fan Glaze to brush a coat of Sailor’s Delight to bottom blending into the lower part of the Really Red. (Use side of brush to dab colors on the edges). Let dry.
- Repeat the above steps with a second coat of all three colors. Let dry.
- For the third coats, use palette knife to stir in the large crystals into the Sailor’s Delight and Polynesian Lagoon glazes, then pour into paper cups. Use Fan Glaze to apply a third coat of Polynesian Lagoon and Sailor’s Delight to shell plate, adding large crystals generously on plate. Let dry.
- Turn plate over to reverse side and repeat process of gradating the colors. Let dry.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06.