He sees you when you’re sleeping…this creepy Claus looks like he’s been awake for days! But you’ll have fun making your zombie-like Santa from the Duncan® Oh Four® Santa ornament, Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes and Duncan® Shimmer Glazes®.
1. Wipe Santa ornament with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Freehand Santa image lightly with pencil or *transfer using pattern, pencil, tissue paper and Sharpie® marker. To transfer, trace Santa on tissue paper using pencil. Align tracing to bisque and trace over lines using Sharpie® marker.
3. Brush one good coat Neon Red to Santa’s hat jacket and stripes in pants. Let dry.
4. Brush two good coats Ruby Shimmer over the hat and jacket. Let dry.
5. Paint Santa’s face, hands, stripes in pants and pom pom with two good coats Bright Olive. Let dry.
6. Brush a line of Light Aqua around Santa’s eyes and blend. Let dry.
7. Brush a line of Black around eyes. Use damp brush to blend outward. Let dry.
8. Make small Black dot in eye, two lines for nostrils and line for mouth with stitches.
9. Dilute Black a little and make squiggly lines inside Santa’s beard and fill in mini face in pom pom.
10. Paint two good coats of Light Saffron in belt buckle.
11. Paint belt and boots with Black. Outline olive stripes in pants with Black as well as outlining pointy fingers. Let dry.
12. Paint back of ornament as desired.
13. Brush a coat of Pure Brilliance to ornament. Let dry.
14. Stilt and fire to cone 06.