The natural shape of this beautiful shell almost doesn’t need any enhancing, but adding bright, bold Duncan® Concepts® colors makes it so much more fun! Add light and dark pinks and reds for a totally unique and colorful ocean treasure to hold trinkets and more.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe lid and box with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to inside lid and box. Let dry.
- Use No. 4 Liner brush to paint two solid coats of Light Honeysuckle in shell crevices. Let dry.
- Use slightly damp sponge to wipe across leaving Honeysuckle in the crevices and bisque on the raised areas. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Light Pink to sides and bottom of box and to lid and sides. Let dry.
- Use Liner brush to paint four arched lines across shell (refer to photo) with Fruit Punch.
- Lightly drybrush some Fruit Punch at base of shell and blend into shell to darken.
- Dip old toothbrush or stiff bristled brush into some Really Red and spatter across lid and down sides of box. Let dry.
- Stilt box and lid on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- If desired, brush a coat of Pure Brilliance to lid and side of box, stilt and re-fire to cone 06 for added sheen.