When looking for creative ways to decorate with tie-dye, consider the dinner table. The look of tie-dye can include more than just fabric items so bring the tie-dye trend to home décor with this fun technique and be both functional and high styling!
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Enlarge spiral pattern to fit on plate.
3. Using pattern, tracing paper and pencil, transfer image to plate.
4. Using No. 6 Round brush, paint three coats Bright Salsa along swirled pattern line.
5. Using same brush and Light Kiwi, paint three coats around the Bright Salsa line.
6. Paint three coats of a thinner line of Dark Delft around the Light Kiwi swirl. Refer to photo for thickness of lines. Note: lines need not be exact because the design is supposed to simulate tie-dye.
7. Use Fan Glaze to brush two coats Pure Brilliance to back of plate.
8. Carefully sponge a coat of thinned Pure Brilliance over front of plate. Let dry.
9. Stilt in kiln and fire to cone 06.