1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
2. Thin Clear Glaze with water to a milk consistency. Pour enough inside vase and lid to roll for an even coverage. Pour excess out. Wipe any drips with damp sponge. Let dry.
3. Trace Santa Claus on vase, using clay carbon and pencil.
4. Pour a puddle of each color on separate areas of foil. Using one No. 1 Liner (save other Liner to apply Gold) and No. 10 Round, apply 2 to 3 coats of Bright Pink to face and Really Red to cheeks, nose, lid (excluding handle) and Santa’s suit. Let dry after each coat. Apply 2 coats of Dark Black to belt, boots and details of suit, using Liner and Round brushes. Let dry after each coat.
5. Apply 1 thick coat of Snow to beard, mustache, eyebrows, hair, and fur, using Palette Knife. Let dry and then detail snow with EZ Stroke Light Blue, using No. 1 Liner brush. Let dry.
6. Apply 2 coats of Clear Glaze to Santa’s body, lid and face only, using Fan Glaze and Round brushes (do not apply glaze on snow).
7. Stilt each piece separately and fire to shelf cone 06.
8. Apply Premium Gold to belt buckle, mittens and lid handle, using No. 1 Liner. Add random dots on body and lid with White Gold using the non-bristle end of Fan Glaze brush. Clean brush with Essence. Let dry.
9. Stilt each piece separately and fire to shelf 019.
10. Cut several 6” lengths of wire. Wrap around a small piece of cosmetic sponge that fits inside opening on lid. Place inside opening. Thread a bell on end of wire and wrap to secure. Repeat for all bells. Curl remaining ends of wire around a brush handle.