For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
Before you begin, wipe a damp sponge over entire bisque to remove dust and contaminants.
1. Paint 1 thick coat of Dark Taupe all over the outside of the cookie jar until no white is showing.
2. When the color has lost its shine, take a slightly damp sponge and gently wipe the color off the pottery. You want to wipe lightly, removing the color from just the raised parts of the texture. This will leave the color in just the cracks, giving it an antiqued look. For best results, continually rinse your sponge in your water bowl while you wipe, as needed, and squeeze out the water well so it doesn’t drip onto your pottery.
3. Paint 2 washy coats of Really White on the hat fuzz, eyebrows, hair, beard, and eyes.
4. Paint 2 washy coats of Bright Blush on the face and lip.
5. Paint 2 washy coats of Paprika Red on the hat and holly berries.
6. Paint 2 washy coats of Bright Wintergreen on the holly leaves.
7. Paint 2 coats of Black on the eyes.
8. Paint 1 coat of Bright Wintergreen on the inside.
9. With the end of the paint brush handle, add Really White dots for eye shine on the right side of each eye.
10. Clear glaze, then stilt and fire to cone 06.