On Prancer, on Donner, on Vixen. Create this special holiday plate with your favorite reindeer or use your own design – Concepts® adds the beautiful color to make this plate extra vibrant.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove dust.
- Cut a piece from shelf paper slightly larger than deer pattern. Place paper shiny side up over deer pattern. Use felt pen to trace pattern onto paper. To create stencil, use scissors to carefully cut inside of design leaving outside of paper intact.
- Trace letters onto another piece of shelf paper. Carefully cut out each letter.
- Carefully peel off paper backing from deer stencil, position on plate then press into place. Run a fingernail along inside cut edges of stencil to prevent paint from seeping underneath.
- Squeeze a puddle of CN 074 Really Red onto foil. Use 1” Glaze Brush to apply 3 coats over stencil. Let dry between coats. Carefully remove stencil just before last coat is dry. Brush off any small particles of dry glaze that may stay on plate.
- Peel backing from each letter then starting with “L” press in place on lower strip of plate. Equally space remainder of letters. Run a fingernail around edges. Use 1” Glaze Brush to apply 3 coats of Really Red along strip, edges then around to back of plate. Let dry between coats. Use a straight pin to carefully pick up edge of each letter to remove.
- Squeeze a puddle of Bright Kelp onto foil. Use Liner Brush to apply 3 coats to thin strip between sections, painting edges but not back of plate. Let dry between coats.
- Thoroughly clean 1” Glaze Brush then use it to apply a thin even coat of Pure Brilliance to back and edges of plate. Let dry then glaze front of plate. Let dry then repeat. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.