Take a trip around the Duncan® Oh Four® Organic Vase and over the rainbow with Concepts® Underglazes! Watch the colors dance on the sides offering a new view at every turn!
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour approximately ½ cup of Pure Brilliance® in a clean container.
- Add some water to dilute to a thin, nonfat milk consistency.
- Pour into vase and roll around to coat sides. Pour out excess into container.
- Pour a puddle of Light, Medium and Dark Sapphire on palette leaving a nice space between each.
- Paint a Light Sapphire segment. Use Liner to make a nice line along the ridged area. Paint in the wider areas using the No. 10 Round. Skip over the next two segments and repeat going around the vase.
- Using the Liner brush once again, paint Medium Sapphire along the edge next to the segments with Light Sapphire. Continue around vase.
- Paint the remaining segments using the Dark Sapphire. Let dry.
- Finish by painting all the sections with two more coats of the three colors. Let dry after each.
- Test flow of French Dimensions Pure White on paper towel. If difficult to squeeze out, you may need to insert a pin in the opening and/or warm bottle by placing under a lamp or warming with your hands.
- Make a series of dots up and down the raised ridges of vase with the Pure White. Let dry.
- Using Fan glaze brush, apply one coat of the diluted Pure Brilliance over entire vase including the bottom of the vase. Let dry.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to witness one 06.