For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
Before you begin, wipe a damp sponge over entire bisque to remove dust and contaminants.
1. Paint 1 thick coat of Dark Blue Spruce all over the top and bottom of the tree until no white is showing.
2. When the color has lost its shine, take a slightly damp sponge and gently wipe the color off the pottery. You want to wipe lightly, removing the color from just the raised parts of the texture. This will leave the color in just the cracks, giving it an antiqued look. For best results, continually rinse your sponge in your water bowl while you wipe, as needed, and squeeze out the water well so it doesn’t drip onto your pottery.
3. With a sea sponge, apply Bright Jade all over the top and bottom of the tree.
4. With clean, damp cotton swabs, wipe the green off of the eyes, cheeks, and mouth.
5. Paint 2 coats of Really White on the eyes.
6. Paint 1 washy coat of Bright Pink on the cheeks and mouth.
7. Paint 2 coats of Black to finish the eyes.
8. Paint 2 coats of Neon Coral on the top star.
9. Paint 1 washy coat of Neon Coral on the inside of the jar.
10. With the end of the paint brush handle, add Really White dots for eye shine on the right side of each eye.
11. Clear glaze, then stilt and fire to cone 06.