Your creativity will prance its way onto the Duncan® Oh Four® Wavy Ware dinner plate as the contrasting colors of Duncan® Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes are applied in fun, familiar patterns that appear to dance before your eyes.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour some Arctic White in small container and mix with the same amount of water. Use the Fan Glaze Brush to apply one flowing coat of this 50/50 mixture to plate, allowing the color to dry thoroughly.
- Cut out the patterns and transfer the designs to plate using carbon paper and pencil.
- Using either the No. 1 Liner or the No. 6 Round, apply Mask ‘n Peel™ inside the design areas. Let dry thoroughly.
- Using the Fan Glaze Brush, apply three flowing coats of Walnut Brown to the background areas plate. Let dry after each coat. After the third coat is no longer shiny, carefully remove the Mask ‘n Peel™. Clean up the edges of the brown if necessary. Let dry thoroughly.
- Referring to photo, apply three coats of each color to the design areas as shown. Apply color smoothly and butting all the colors together neatly.
- Thoroughly shake and mix the Duncan® French Dimensions® Black Licorice. Shake the color down to the tip of the bottle and test on paper towel. Apply the Black Licorice to the areas where the dimension is shown. Let dry.
- Place a small amount of EZ Stroke™ Cobalt Jet Black onto palette. Using the No. 1 Liner and a small amount of water, thin the color as needed. Outline the design areas as shown, detailing on the designs.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 04.
- Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply two flowing coats of Pure Brilliance® to each piece.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06. Use a stilt stone to remove stilt marks.