You’ll love this fun and fast bubbles technique for applying color and patterns to the Duncan®Oh Four® Simplicity Salad Plate. Use different Concepts® colors and a tiny bit of dishwashing soap to create an abstract look that’s sure to get compliments.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Fill each plastic container with a different Concepts® paint color.
- Add water to thin the color to a milk-like consistency.
- Add one drop of liquid dish soap to each container with paint. Mix together.
- Use drinking straw to blow air into the paint/soap mixture to create bubbles.
- Lower the outside of your bisque onto the bubbles. The bubbles will pop right on the ware, creating delicate bubble-shaped circles of color. Repeat as many times as you need to get the pattern coverage you want. Let dry.
- Repeat these steps for each color you want on your bisque. Let dry.
- Pour Pure Brilliance into a clean small plastic container. Use Fan Glaze brush to lightly brush on three coats Pure Brilliance. Let dry after each coat.
- Let dry and fire to witness cone 06.