Make your home décor pop with funky fall accents! Turn the Duncan® Oh Four™ Geometrix Large Square Plate into a work of art with the dynamic duo of Concepts® Underglazes and Crystals™ Glazes.
- Wipe plate with dampened sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Trace four pumpkin patterns onto unprinted side of clear contact paper. Cut out shapes with scissors and set aside.
- Using ruler, find center of each of the four plate sides then use pencil to make a small mark at each center point.
- Run tape down center both vertically and horizontally to make four evenly spaced squares.
- Remove paper backing from pumpkin cutouts and place one in the center of each square, smoothing with hands and pressing around edges to seal from glaze seepage.
- Sponge three coats of Neon Red into one square, letting dry between coats. Repeat on other squares with Neon Orange, Neon Yellow and Neon Green as shown. Let dry.
- Remove pumpkin stencils and tape.
- Use No. 4 Liner to carefully paint three coats of Black onto lines as shown. Let dry.
- For Crystals™ Glazes application, use Palette Knife to gently stir each color in jar, being careful not to disturb large crystals at the bottom of each container. Pour some of each color into separate paper cups. Paint two coats of colors as designated into the pumpkin shapes, letting dry between coats:
- Neon Orange square – Blueberry Ice
- Neon Green square – Wildflower Bouquet
- Neon Red square – Eruption
- Neon Yellow square – Harvest Time
- Before adding a third coat of color to each pumpkin, stir large crystals at the bottom of each Crystals™ container into color then add to each cup, stirring into color already in cup. Brush a third coat of color onto each pumpkin, making sure to include large crystals. Let dry.
- Using No. 4 Liner, paint three coats of Black onto pumpkin stems, letting dry between coats. Let dry.
- Test Black Licorice French Dimensions™ on paper towel for fluidity. If mixture is too thick, add a few drops of Thin ‘n Shade and stir with a craft stick then test again. Squeeze out short dashed lines around each pumpkin, including stem. This will act as a barrier to contain the crystal glazes when fired. Let dry.
- Turn plate over and using Fan Glaze brush, apply three coats of Black, letting dry between each coat. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.